Okay so, the Doctor is from out of space but does he only breathe oxygen like everyone else? Does Gallifrey have an atmosphere like Earth’s? Because I’d never thought about it before now but he seems to be struggling just as much as everyone else and he does seem to have the same basic anatomy as a human, other than the two hearts.
Anyone care to answer?
Gallifrey’s atmosphere is 77% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen and 2% other, which means that it’s similar to Earth’s atmosphere, but it’s a bit thinner.
The Doctor needs oxygen as well, but Time Lords have a raspiratory bypass system that allows them to go without breathing for a longer time span than humans.
Most fandoms have some pretty deep canon. The Doctor Who fandom can tell you the concentrations of gas in the atmosphere of the home planet of the main character. DW Fandom > Your fandom
lots of things.
i really am just a mad man with a blog.
FOR USE OF
ADVICE & ASSISTANCE OBTAINABLE IMMEDIATELY
HOVER TO OPEN
Round two of Doctor Who tea blends! Doesn’t mean I’m done though ;)
- Captain Jack Harkness: [ceylon sonata, rooibos almond, chocolate chip] A smooth, timeless blend guaranteed to charm anyone off their feet. You can take it to bed, but it will probably keep you up all night.
- River Song: [earl grey moonlight, coconut, rooibos lemon cloud] I could describe this tea, but that would be spoilers.
- Rose Tyler: [ceylon sonata, raspberry patch, earl grey lavender] A fun, bright, sweet blend. Painfully loyal and filled with love and comfort. Careful though, can come on a bit strong and may not be to everyone’s taste.
- Martha Jones: [assam melody, sesame, rooibos caramel] A calm, rational tea with an edge of bravery (don’t question how a tea can be brave, it just CAN). The perfect tea for thrill seekers.
- Donna Noble: [irish breakfast, cinnamon, orange] At first glance you may assume this tea is plain, simple and maybe not very interesting, but let it stick around for a while, and you’ll discover what a comforting (and often exciting!) presence it will quickly grow to be.
YOU GUYS ARE TOO SMART AND GUESSED WHAT I WAS UP TO.
Ten [guanabana, chocolate, irish breakfast with chocolate chips, marigold flowers] A rich, sweet, and bright blend, full of quirks (and just a touch bananas). A tea you’ll find yourself constantly reaching for.
AU - Sort of Parentlock
Hugh Laurie as Sherlock’s father
Suggested by lolcari
“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.” - Aristotle
Animated Doctor Who - 50 Years Running
Original illustration by Randy Mayor